Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October Blog post

One of the main reasons I have chose this particular Master's program was because of the emphasis that was put on community service. I have a long history with community service type tasks and I plan to make it a lifelong pledge to serve the community, wherever that may end up being. I have yet to have time to complete any community service hours due to personal reasons, but I have signed up with habitat for humanity to work on construction projects within the coming month.

            This program has already started to teach me valuable lessons that I did not learn during my time in undergrad. If I am being completely honest, I was unmotivated during my time in undergrad. The worst part was that I kept succeeding and “getting by” just by using my natural problem solving abilities. I never had a wakeup call or moment that caused me to change my study habits. I have quickly realized early on in this program that in order to succeed, I must commit to the work and repeatedly review the material in order to be successful. One of the reasons that I have adopted this mentality is because I can finally see a purpose behind it all. I never used to be interested in a topic that I was studying because I never allowed myself to put it into context. Recently, I have had a different mindset that has been a motivation to learn the material as well as understand how that information might be useful to me in my future career path. I look forward to learning the future material as well as applying this material years later during my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment